Zhou Tiangong’s Initial Skills
From ancient times till now, in Buddhism, Taoism, physicians, Confucianism, Wushu, folk and other schools, the operation of Qigong is not less than 1,000 kinds of complicated methods. But one of the most influential and widely circulated methods is Zhou Tiangong. In the records of Qigong documents in the past dynasties, Zhou Tiangong is also more detailed and monographs, and Zhou Tiangong’s thoughts are scattered among other schools of work. At present, some Gong methods also absorb Zhou Tiangong’s thoughts, such as Hu Yaozhen’s Qigong, Li Jingwu’s Taiji internal work, Li Shaobo’s true Qi operation, Zi’s meditation and other Gong methods. Zhou Tiangong’s thought is scattered in all kinds of Gong methods, which shows its deep influence.
Zhou Tiangong exudes a strong flavor of traditional Chinese culture, which originates from Taoism and has been inherited for thousands of years, and has matured through the collation of past dynasties’practitioners. The practice of Qigong medical treatment in modern sanatoriums has proved that it has excellent health care function and therapeutic effect, and has excellent effect in increasing wisdom and cultivating sentiment.
Zhou means to circle a circle; in the sky, the ancients observed the movement of celestial bodies in a ring, such as the movement of the sun. “Harmony of Heaven and Man” is an early philosophical thought in China, so the ancients thought that the human body is a small world, and there is a certain factor in the human body constantly running around, called “Qi Qi”. Gong: is the meaning of operation, refers to exercise methods, also known as Kung Fu. Generally speaking, it means that “Qi” runs in a circular shape and follows the meridians and collaterals, starting from one cycle to another and circulating continuously, so “Ming Zhou Tiangong” is called “Ming Zhou Tiangong”.
This week’s Tiangong Initial Skills is a set of basic skills, but at the same time it is a kind of deep skills. Basis or depth, only lies in the practitioner’s different depth of tranquility, shallow people can receive health care and treatment of diseases, the higher can achieve the effect of fetal rest.
(1) Zhou Tiangong’s posture (preparation)
For beginners, it is preferable to sit in a flat chair, or sit naturally, followed by standing or horizontal. Horizontal style is used for those who are seriously ill and weak, or practise Zhou Tiangong before going to bed.
Horizontal sitting: hip sitting in the front 1/3 or 1/2 of a bench or chair, upper body straight, legs parallel apart, shoulder width, hands lightly on the thigh. One thing to note is that it’s better to put a cushion on the stool.
Disk-sitting type: Disk-sitting type can be used on the bed (hard board bed) or on the ground (cushion needs to be laid). (1) Dish: The buttocks are cushioned so that the upper part of the body leans forward a little, the legs are crossed, the left upper right lower or the right upper left lower, the hands can be placed on the knees or each other lightly, and placed in front of the lower abdomen. (2) Single disc: Place the left foot on the right leg, or the right leg on the left leg, the rest of the disc is scattered.
In diskette and single sitting, the order of the upper and lower legs should be changed frequently. If you go up left and down right this time, you can sit up right next time.
During the whole exercise, the meditator should have a straight upper body, relax his whole body, relax his shoulders, put his head in the right position and not lean forward or backward.
1. Look straight ahead, then close slightly. It’s better to leave a line slightly.
2. The tip of the tongue touches the upper jaw slightly.
3. Slowly feel relaxed from head to foot, try to relax, and then slowly relax from foot to head. Find out if you are relaxed. Put aside all other ideas that have nothing to do with practicing, and then tell yourself clearly in your heart, meditate once, “I’m going to start practicing.”
(1) Breathing: Natural breathing is used for breathing. The so-called natural breathing refers to the breathing as usual, do not pay too much attention to it, a calm heart, breathing naturally adjusted to a uniform, delicate realm.
(2) Ideas: Ideas pay attention to the slight ups and downs of the lower abdomen. The belly of the lower abdomen fluctuates slightly when breathing. Initial practice, inhale slightly bulging; exhale, slightly sinking, focus on the whole process of ups and downs, not reluctantly, do not intentionally increase the degree of ups and downs, to let nature take its course.
Practice this skill and focus on it. If you think of something else in your mind, it’s wrong. You should take it back and put it back on top. In this way, the heart is quieter and the breathing is slower and slower.
Decide not to practice, to tell yourself clearly, meditate in your heart: “I do not practice, I will receive success.” Then massage:
1. Dry bath. Two hands and five fingers close together, rubbing the face in the order of descending and ascending, as if washing the face, until the face is slightly feverish, can play the effect of relaxing Qi and blood, stimulating spirit and beauty.
2. Singing drums. Cover your ears with your hands and hearts, so as not to leak air. Press ten fingers with both hands behind the head, then press the middle finger with the forefinger of both hands, and tap the head from the middle finger down with the forefinger. If the eardrum is not damaged, the sound of drumming can be heard. The tinnitus drum can vibrate the eardrum and keep hearing.
3. Transport your eyes. Turn your eyes slightly, clockwise and counter-clockwise. If you can’t turn your eyes, you can look down first, then left, then up, and then right. The faster you look, the more you turn your eyes. Eye movement can help maintain vision.
4. Knock your teeth. According to the order of the first parotid teeth and the second incisor teeth, the two teeth tap slightly. Just a moment. Don’t rush. It can fix teeth.
5. Rub your nose. Hold your fists in both hands, put your thumbs on your forefinger, wipe them on the outside of your thumbs, from Shangen Point to Yingxiang Point of your nose, from top to bottom. It can prevent colds and treat rhinitis.
7. Rubbing Dantian. Dantian, slightly below the navel. Two hands overlap, male left and female right (that is, male left hand press right hand, female right hand press left hand), first to knead Dantian clockwise, then backhand male right and female left (male right hand press left hand, female left hand press right hand), counterclockwise knead Dantian. 18 times clockwise and counterclockwise. It can increase internal Qi and treat gastrointestinal diseases.
Finally, open your eyes slowly and get up for a walk.
One of the precautions is:
1. In the whole process of practicing, the principle is to let nature take its course.
2. At first, it can last about 20 minutes at a time, then gradually prolong the time, so as not to feel bored. About forty minutes at a time. In principle, twice a day, for the treatment of diseases, should increase the time and frequency. Each sitting time should not exceed two hours. The best time is from 5:00 to 7:00 in the morning. If there is no such condition, practicing in the morning or in the evening is enough.
3. Attention should be paid to success. In practice, there are some individual practitioners who suffer from fatigue or dizziness. One of the reasons is that they do not pay attention to success.
4. This skill seems simple, but don’t practise it without a teacher or a teacher to teach and answer questions.
(1) Half an hour before the performance, stop all the more intense physical and mental activities, remove urine and stool, and can not endure defecation for a long time.
(2) It is forbidden to wear tight clothes and sit (lying and standing) in the wind in order to avoid cold. We should undress our clothes, untie our belts, and remove jewelry, glasses, watches and other things, so as not to affect the performance of exercise and the movement of Qi and blood. The general principle is not to bind yourself.
(3) Stop smoking and drinking.
(4) taboo excessive sex. If you are practicing for the treatment of illness, sex should be banned for the first 100 days. Temperance should be exercised after recovery. From ancient times to the present, practitioners have attached great importance to this point. At the same time, we should pay attention to not lying, sitting, standing and traveling for a long time. We should combine movement and quiet, train and cultivate both, work and leisure moderately.
(5) The temperature in the exercise room should not be too hot or too low to keep the air circulation. Avoid bad weather and noisy environment. On days of heavy rain and wind, thunder and lightning, it is not appropriate to practise both indoors and outdoors.
(6) Do not practise when you are full or hungry. Do not practise within half an hour after meals.
(7) It is taboo to practice when seven emotions such as joy, anger, grief, sadness, panic and carelessness interfere.
(8) Do not be drowsy, asleep, and greedy for the scenery in the exercise. Sleep and lethargy can not achieve any effect, such as severe lethargy, temporary suspension of practice, and so on when the spirit is better practice. The feeling of joy and comfort in the performance should not be lengthened at will. Normally, it should not exceed two hours at most. In the process of practicing, we should avoid others interfering with ourselves.